Colorful Fried Rice
This recipe was given to me by a dear friend many years ago. The variety of ingredients makes it very colorful, and preparation is simple. I serve it often. -Linda Rae Lee, San Francisco, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups cold cooked rice
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen peas, thawed
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, cook and stir the rice, onions, carrot, peas, soy sauce and parsley in oil until onions are tender and rice is heated through. Add egg; cook and stir until egg is completely set. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 289 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 659mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Colorful Fried Rice in Reminisce Extra December 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.