Colorful Easter Cake
Jelly beans and Fruit Roll-Ups offer a fun, festive touch for your creation. Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Fruit Roll-Ups
- Jelly beans
- Decorating icing of your choice
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Cut Fruit Roll-Ups into strips of desired widths. Lightly press onto sides of cake. Arrange jelly beans around edges of cake. Decorate with icing as desired.
How-To: Before writing on the cake with icing, gently outline words with a toothpick. See outline»
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 391 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 389mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Colorful Easter Cake in Simple & Delicious March/April 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.