Colorful Cranberry Sweet Potato Bake Recipe
Sweet potatoes and tart cranberries are a feast for the eyes and the palate in this beautiful side dish. —Patricia Kile, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 medium), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups granola without raisins
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 10-15 minutes. Drain.
- 2. Toss cranberries with sugar, orange juice and salt; spread half of the mixture in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with half of the potatoes. Repeat layers. Dot with butter.
- 3. Bake, covered, until cranberries are tender, about 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with granola. Bake 10 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup: 261 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 323mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 7g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Colorful Cranberry Sweet Potato Bake
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2010
"Super easy-loved the cranberry flavor."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC