Colorful Cranberry Sweet Potato Bake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 medium), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups granola without raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place potatoes in a large saucepan with water to cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 10-15 minutes. Drain.
- Toss cranberries with sugar, orange juice and salt; spread half of the mixture in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with half of the potatoes. Repeat layers. Dot with butter.
- Bake, covered, until cranberries are tender, about 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with granola. Bake 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 261 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 323mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 7g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 13, 2011
I wanted a way to fit in cranberries to my Thanksgiving dinner but I do not like most cranberry items. This was an excellent way to get them in and flavor was liked by everyone. I would definatly make again.
Nov 20, 2010
Super easy-loved the cranberry flavor.