Sweet potatoes and tart cranberries are a feast for the eyes and the palate in this beautiful side dish. —Patricia Kile, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 25 New Ideas for Thanksgiving Leftovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 medium), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups granola without raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place potatoes in a large saucepan with water to cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 10-15 minutes. Drain.
- Toss cranberries with sugar, orange juice and salt; spread half of the mixture in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with half of the potatoes. Repeat layers. Dot with butter.
- Bake, covered, until cranberries are tender, about 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with granola. Bake 10 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Sweet Potato Bake in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1997, p25
Reviews forColorful Cranberry Sweet Potato Bake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2010
"Super easy-loved the cranberry flavor."