Colorful Cranberry Pumpkin Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 2-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups dried cranberries
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each loaf):
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- GLAZE (optional):
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons whole milk
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 3 batches (about 10-1/2 cups total).
- To prepare bread: Place 3-1/2 cups mix in a large bowl. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, oil and orange juice; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. If desired, combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over bread.
Editor's NoteContents of mix may settle during storage. When preparing recipe, spoon mix into measuring cup.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 202 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Nov 27, 2010
This bread was great! Very moist and good with and without the glaze.
Oct 15, 2009
I have not tried this recipe and have accidentally rated it a 5. I meant to rate the recipe listed previous to this one. My apologies.
Oct 15, 2009
I have been making this recipe since Sept. of 1998 when it first appeared in Country Woman. I love it and give it out as gifts every year. I get raves about how wonderful it is! It is definitely a recipe that my kids and my kids kids will be making. Ü