Colorful Crab Appetizer Pizza Recipe
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach, divided
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups chopped imitation crabmeat
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1. Unroll crescent roll dough and place on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Flatten dough, sealing seams and perforations. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned; cool.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in 1 cup spinach, onion, dill, 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel, lemon juice and pepper. Spread over the crust. Top with the crab, olives and remaining spinach and lemon peel. Cut into bite-size squares. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 piece: 194 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 396mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Colorful Crab Appetizer Pizza
"I've been making this delicious appetizer ever since it first appeared in Taste of Home in 1999 and it's always a hit!"
"This pizza has been a favorite on our Christmas buffet table for over 10 years. I add more lemon juice, zest & dill than what the recipe calls for just to give it an extra punch of flavor."
"I made this on a ready-made pizza crust and took it to a party. It was gone in a hurry!"
"it was okay. I don't think I'll ever make it again"
"I think this recipe would be great using shrimp or a combination. Cant wait to try it.Barb Krueger"