- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach, divided
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups chopped imitation crabmeat
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- Unroll crescent roll dough and place on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Flatten dough, sealing seams and perforations. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned; cool.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in 1 cup spinach, onion, dill, 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel, lemon juice and pepper. Spread over the crust. Top with the crab, olives and remaining spinach and lemon peel. Cut into bite-size squares. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forColorful Crab Appetizer Pizza
"It was a hit at church, but I thought it needed some salt. I would probably add salt to the cream cheese mixture. The olives just didn't add enough."
"I've been making this delicious appetizer ever since it first appeared in Taste of Home in 1999 and it's always a hit!"
"This pizza has been a favorite on our Christmas buffet table for over 10 years. I add more lemon juice, zest & dill than what the recipe calls for just to give it an extra punch of flavor."
"I made this on a ready-made pizza crust and took it to a party. It was gone in a hurry!"
"it was okay. I don't think I'll ever make it again"
"I think this recipe would be great using shrimp or a combination. Cant wait to try it.Barb Krueger"