Colorful Couscous Recipe
We love it when side dishes pop with color, like the red and green pepper accents you'll see in this light and fluffy couscous. It's a scrumptious and welcome switch from baked potatoes or rice. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 10 miniature sweet peppers, julienned
- 1/3 cup each finely chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) couscous
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute the peppers, onion and garlic in oil for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Stir in the broth, water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in the couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 219 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 473mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Colorful Couscous
Reviewed Mar. 30, 2017
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2012
"I added sliced zucchini. Very tasty!"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC