Colorful Corn Recipe
- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen corn
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1. In a saucepan, cook corn according to package directions; drain. Add butter, onion, green pepper and salt if desired. Cook over low heat for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are heated through. Add milk; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in tomatoes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 114 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.