Colorful Corn Saute
During harvest, I feed a number of hungry men. I try to provide a variety of hearty fare, using fresh produce whenever possible. I also rely on dishes like this corn saute, which was a prize-winner one year at the Kansas State Cornhusking Contest.—Karen Ann Bland, Gove, Kansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 thin onion slices, separated into rings
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- In a large skillet, saute the corn, celery, green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Sprinkle with salt, oregano and chili powder. Stir in the tomatoes and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.