Colorful Corn Salsa Recipe
- 2 medium ears sweet corn in husks
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Tortilla chips
- 1. Peel back husks of corn but don't remove; remove silk. Replace husks and tie with kitchen string. Place corn in a bowl and cover with water; soak for 20 minutes. Drain. Grill corn, covered, over medium-high heat for 20-35 minutes or until husks are blackened and corn is tender, turning several times. Cool.
- 2. Remove corn from cobs and place in a bowl. Add tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime juice, peppers, salt and pepper. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: about 2-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup: 24 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Colorful Corn Salsa
"I made this for a bbq. It was very fresh and tasty. I added more lime juice than it called for."
"This is excellent. Yes, it takes some time to grill the corn but it is well worth it."
"I use canned corn. Drain and add to a black skillet and roast on grill to give the smokey flavor. Be sure to spray the skillet with cooking spray and stir corn often. Works well, tastes great."
"Yeah, you're right- this is labor intensive. I used a bundt pan to hold the cob while I cut off the corn. Is it worth it? It tastes pretty good- no issue there, but I usually don't have this kind of time to spend on a "condiment." I'm going to play with this a little to see if I can make this a little more time-friendly."