Colorful Corn Casserole
I gave a makeover to an old family favorite. I added some color with the onion, peppers and chiles. It was so well like that this version is now a new family favorite.—Jill Cox, Lincoln, Nebraska
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup each finely chopped sweet red pepper, orange pepper and red onion
- 1/4 cup plus 1/3 cup butter, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, beaten
- 4 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) gold and white corn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- In large skillet, saute peppers and onion in 1/4 cup butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in cream cheese and milk until blended.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, corn, chilies, salt and pepper. Stir in pepper mixture and Monterey Jack cheese. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Melt remaining butter; add bread crumbs and toss to coat. Sprinkle over corn mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 279 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 834mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Over the Rainbow Corn in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.