We enjoy the interesting blend of flavors and textures in this crisp cabbage slaw. It adds nice color and refreshing crunch to our Christmas feast.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- In a bowl, combine cabbage and parsley. Combine the yogurt, sugar, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper; pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 6-8 hours. Just before serving, add grapes, almonds and sesame seeds; mix well.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 69 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Colorful Coleslaw in Country Woman Christmas 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.