Colorful Chicken Pizza
“I threw Colorful Chicken Pizza together on a hot summer night when I needed something quick to satisfy my fiancé and me,” writes Kelli Stone of Boise, Idaho. “It was an experiment with ingredients I had in the kitchen.” Without a doubt, her attempt was a smashing success.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-1/2 cups shredded pizza cheese blend
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Place the crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Brush with oil. Combine the chicken, barbecue sauce, onion and garlic; spoon half over crust.
- Sprinkle with pizza cheese. Top with remaining chicken mixture. Sprinkle with the peppers, Gouda cheese and basil.
- Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.