“I threw Colorful Chicken Pizza together on a hot summer night when I needed something quick to satisfy my fiancé and me,” writes Kelli Stone of Boise, Idaho. “It was an experiment with ingredients I had in the kitchen.” Without a doubt, her attempt was a smashing success.
Recommended: 35 Dinners That Start With Ranch
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded pizza cheese blend
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Place the crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Brush with oil. Combine the chicken, barbecue sauce, onion and garlic; spoon half over crust.
- Sprinkle with pizza cheese. Top with remaining chicken mixture. Sprinkle with the peppers, Gouda cheese and basil.
- Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 slices.
Originally published as Colorful Chicken Pizza in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008, p22
Reviews forColorful Chicken Pizza
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2014
"My family really enjoyed this simple pizza. We love customizing it with our favorite veggies and cheeses."