Colorful Chicken Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel hair pasta
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken in oil until lightly browned; sprinkle with the lemon-pepper. Add the frozen vegetables, tomatoes, onion, basil and onion powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Serve with chicken mixture. Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 484 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 251mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 35g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 24, 2017
Ordinary, bland. I probably simmered it too long with the lid on also so there wasn't enough sauce. My husband had to add salsa to eat it. I think it needs some garlic to flavor it.
Apr 22, 2015
This was good. I did make some changes. I did not use the lemon pepper seasoning. My husband is not a lemon fan. Since I had chopped onion in the recipe already, I did not use the onion powder. I used fresh basil instead of dried basil and I also added some mushrooms.
Jun 4, 2013
Delicious! I made one mistake by simmering for 10-12 mins instead of 6-8 with the lid on. I am an experienced cook and this really should not have made much of a difference. However, this short amount of extra time really soaked up a lot of the sauce. It was still a great meal but I would definitely recommend sticking with the 6-8 mins time frame.
Mar 13, 2009
Very good! I had about 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice in my fridge, so I decided to throw it in...it was amazing!