Colorful Chicken Fettuccine
"This sure-fire entree is a delicious option if you ever find yourself in a time crunch. I like to prepare and freeze fresh veggies ahead of time for use in recipes like this one. Then, the rest is as easy as 1-2-3!" says Ginger Kelly, Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 10 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, saute carrots for 1 minute. Add peppers and broccoli; saute 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, lemon juice, salt and thyme until blended; stir into vegetables. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in sour cream.
- Drain fettuccine; place in a large bowl. Add the chicken, vegetable mixture and cheese; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 340 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 650mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 very lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Fettucini with Chicken, Broccoli and Carrots in Taste of Home August/September 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.