A friend of mine invented this fruity chicken salad. I've made it many times, and guests are always surprised at the pleasant blend of tastes and textures. It's handy to take in a cooler to a picnic, where you can assemble the croissants on site. -Shelia Lammers, Englewood, Colorado
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 4 croissants, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients and salt if desired. Stir in the chicken. Spoon about 1/2 cup into each croissant. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Chicken Croissants in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p31
Reviews forColorful Chicken Croissants
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 6, 2017
"This is very nice recipe. My family love this."
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2011
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2009
"My husband doesn't like celery, cranberries, or mayo BUT we both devoured this in minutes! YUM!"