Colorful Chicken and Rice
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1-1/2 cups crushed corn chips
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- In a blender, combine the soup, sour cream, cottage cheese and cream cheese; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the chicken, rice, Monterey Jack cheese, chilies, olives and garlic salt.
- Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Just before serving, top with corn chips, lettuce and tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 497 calories, 24g fat (12g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 836mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein.
Aug 5, 2015
This is one of my very favorite recipes!!!
Feb 11, 2013
This is my go-to chicken casserole. One of the very first TOH recipes I ever tried and continues to be a favorite 10 years later! I do use low-fat ingedients to bring the calorie count down.
Sep 15, 2012
The recipe turned out ok and it was easy to make but it was kind of bland even with the onions I added. The wow factor just isn't there. The cottage cheese is unnecessary with the other two cheeses.
May 30, 2012
I was surprised by this recipe as well. I was expecting it to be just another chicken casserole recipe, but it is far from that. It is now going to be a regular menu item.
Jan 25, 2010
This is one of THE best recipes I have ever discovered and I have been cooking for a long, long time. My entire family loves this meal and it is so easy to improvise if you lack ingredients or if you have a picky eater! My husband doesn't like olives or chilies so those don't always make it in and it still tastes amazing. I make it about once every two weeks. It's wonderful!
Mar 14, 2009
This is one of my faves! If I don't have one of the ingrediants on hand, I will substitute (ex. sauteed green pepper and onion) or leave it out (cottage cheese) and it is still wonderful and quick!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.