- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1-1/2 cups crushed corn chips
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- In a blender, combine the soup, sour cream, cottage cheese and cream cheese; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the chicken, rice, Monterey Jack cheese, chilies, olives and garlic salt.
- Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Just before serving, top with corn chips, lettuce and tomatoes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forColorful Chicken and Rice
"This is one of my very favorite recipes!!!"
"The recipe turned out ok and it was easy to make but it was kind of bland even with the onions I added. The wow factor just isn't there. The cottage cheese is unnecessary with the other two cheeses."
"This is one of THE best recipes I have ever discovered and I have been cooking for a long, long time. My entire family loves this meal and it is so easy to improvise if you lack ingredients or if you have a picky eater! My husband doesn't like olives or chilies so those don't always make it in and it still tastes amazing. I make it about once every two weeks. It's wonderful!"
"This is one of my faves! If I don't have one of the ingrediants on hand, I will substitute (ex. sauteed green pepper and onion) or leave it out (cottage cheese) and it is still wonderful and quick!!!"