Colorful Cheesy Vegetable Medley
Our small community is the cheese capital of Manitoba. This is a favorite recipe from my husband's aunt, who works at the local cheese factory.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the oil, carrots, celery, cauliflower, broccoli, ham and onion. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the rice; cook until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 277 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 541mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Colorful Vegetable Medley in Country Extra March 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.