Colorful Cheese Omelet
When I start my day with this omelet, I’m able to go nonstop and know I’m getting valuable nutrients besides. —Lynda O’Dell Lynch, Port Huron, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg, egg whites, spinach and pepper sauce; set aside. In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute red pepper and onion until tender. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges). As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, sprinkle with cheese; fold omelet in half. Slide omelet onto a plate.