“When I start my day with this omelet, I’m able to go nonstop and know I’m getting valuable nutrients besides.” Lynda O’Dell Lynch - Port Huron, Michigan
Recommended: 21 Breakfast Sandwiches Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg, egg whites, spinach and pepper sauce; set aside. In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute red pepper and onion until tender. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges). As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, sprinkle with cheese; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a plate. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Colorful Cheese Omelet in Healthy Cooking February/March 2010, p39