- 1 cup coarsely shredded cabbage
- 1/3 cup sliced celery
- 1/3 cup julienned carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a skillet, saute the cabbage, celery, carrot and onion in butter for 12 minutes or until crisp-tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Reduce heat; stir in cream. Cook and stir for 3 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forColorful Cabbage Skillet
"Just bought a head of cabbage at the local farmers' market and looked for skillet cabbage recipes. I tried this one, except for the fact that I didn't have any cream or cream cheese, so I added about a half cup of plain yogurt. Delish! Husband liked it too. Would be good with some green pepper as well. So easy and satisfying."