Colorful Broccoli Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup instant brown rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the water, butter and bouillon. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes; stir until blended. Add the broccoli, rice and red pepper. Cover and cook 6-7 minutes longer or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 136 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Apr 10, 2012
Very good but I substituted chicken broth fo the water and boillion. Very pretty too.
Feb 20, 2012
My husband and I really liked this recipe - very flavorful and a good way to mix in the veggies. I did substitute regular rice for the instant brown rice and just did everything on the stove top. Great recipe.
Jul 9, 2010
My husband and I really liked this recipe. I doubled the recipe and increased the cooking time to 9 minutes. Turned out great. Flavorful and healthy.