Colorful Black-Eyed Pea Salad
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 1 cup frozen black-eyed peas
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook peas according to package directions; drain. In a salad bowl, combine the peas, corn and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Serve warm or chilled.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 205 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 343mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 10g protein.
Jul 18, 2012
This is a healthy, bright salad. I would definitely recommend using fresh sweet corn for the sweet crunch. Hubby just looked at it so I finished the second serving the next day. The flavor of the onion had intensified overnight, which was good too.