Colorful Black-Eyed Pea Salad
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 1 cup frozen black-eyed peas
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook peas according to package directions; drain. In a salad bowl, combine the peas, corn and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Serve warm or chilled.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 205 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 343mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 10g protein.
Jul 18, 2012
This is a healthy, bright salad. I would definitely recommend using fresh sweet corn for the sweet crunch. Hubby just looked at it so I finished the second serving the next day. The flavor of the onion had intensified overnight, which was good too.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.