Colorful Black Bean Salad Recipe
Cherry tomatoes and yellow pepper add splashes of color this black bean salad. "I like to let it stand for at least 15 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to blend," suggests Laurie Mace of Los Osos, California.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium sweet yellow or green pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a salad bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes, yellow pepper, onions and cilantro. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 137 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 480mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 7g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Colorful Black Bean Salad
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC