Colorful Avocado Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium tomato, cut into eighths
- 1/2 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup julienned green pepper
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- In a small bowl, combine the first 4 ingredients. Add dressing and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Just before serving, add avocado and toss gently.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 176 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 161mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 6g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 21, 2012
Wonderfully simple dish that my whole family loved. I usually make it a day before I plan to serve it so all the flavors have time to mesh.
Feb 24, 2012
Made as directed and this turned out really good. Next time I might decrease the red onion though. Will def make again, Thanks!
Nov 7, 2010
This was extremely good. Crunchy and very flavorful. I added sea salt and fresh pepper for some additional flavor. Great with steak or tri tip.