- 3 large sweet red peppers, diced
- 12 ounces dried apricots, diced
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Cover and refrigerate.
- Serve as an accompaniment to pork or chicken. Chutney may be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 month. Yield: 4 cups.
Reviews forColorful Apricot Chutney
"Really nice. Will be making again."