From reader Linda Fredal of Warren, Michigan comes a zippy, zesty recipe Dad'll delight in. (Our kitchen crafters advise that this dish is easy to double and pour into glass jars decorated with ribbons for presents or for other holiday or family occasions.)
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makes10 servings (5 cups)
- 3 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 3 ounces Monterey jack cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2-1/2 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup cauliflowerets
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/4 cup each diced sweet red pepper, yellow pepper, onion and celery
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine cheeses, pepperoni, olives and vegetables. In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients; mix well. Stir into vegetable mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 287 calories, 25g fat (9g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 576mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Colorful Antipasto in Crafting Traditions May/June 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.