Collard Greens & Pulled Pork Egg Rolls
It's fun to take remnants of ingredients from my pantry and create a meal. You can make wontons with this same filling for a bite-size snack; bake or deep-fry depending on your preference. —Melissa Pelkey Hass, Waleska, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 pound collard greens
- 1 cup refrigerated fully cooked barbecued shredded pork
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) egg roll wrappers
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Thai sweet chili sauce
- Trim collard greens, discarding thick ribs and stems. Coarsely chop leaves. In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add greens; cook, covered, until they begin to wilt, 8-10 minutes. Drain, squeezing out as much water as possible.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Combine greens, pork, cream cheese, onion and seasonings until well blended. With one corner of an egg roll wrapper facing you, place 1/4 cup pork filling just below center of wrapper. (Cover remaining wrappers with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling; moisten remaining wrapper edges with water. Fold side corners toward center over filling. Roll egg roll up tightly, pressing at tip to seal. Repeat until all filling is used.
- Place egg rolls on a parchment-lined baking sheet; brush with melted butter. Bake until golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Serve with sweet chili sauce.
- Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked egg rolls on waxed paper-lined baking sheets until firm. Transfer to freezer containers; return to freezer. To use, bake egg rolls as directed.
Change them up:These can be fried, too. Heat 1-in. of oil in an electric skillet or a deep-fat fryer to 375°. Fry rolls, a few at a time, until golden brown, 3-4 minutes, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sweet chili sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 egg roll: 227 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 472mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.