Coleslaw in a Bag
You only need to dirty a few dishes when creating this taste-tempting portable coleslaw. I've been relying on this recipe for years.—Alice Baker, Woodstock, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1 small head cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large plastic bag, toss the carrots, cabbage, green pepper and onion. In a bowl, combine all dressing ingredients. Pour into bag; toss. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 85 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Coleslaw in a Bag in Taste of Home October/November 1994
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.