- 1 bottle (16 ounces) reduced-fat poppy seed salad dressing, divided
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 8 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Place 1 cup dressing in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the pineapple, coleslaw mix, red pepper and remaining dressing; toss to coat. Divide among tortillas; top with chicken and sprinkle with almonds. Roll up tightly; secure with toothpicks. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forColeslaw Chicken Wraps
"Loved it - refreshing for a hot summer night."
"It needed something to spice it up. I can't figure out what that something might be. If crunchy with a hint of sweetness is your kind of thing, this could be for you."
"I was a bit uncertain about pineapple in my coleslaw, but it turned out perfect. Great summer grilling recipe that isn't the same old burgers or bbq."