- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 beef top sirloin steaks (5 ounces each), cut into thin strips
- 2-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups cold cooked instant rice
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon oil until hot. Add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until completely set. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, stir-fry the beef, coleslaw, asparagus and onion in remaining oil for 4-6 minutes or until beef is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add rice and butter; cook and stir over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Add eggs; stir in soy sauce and pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forColeslaw Beef Fried Rice
"I've been making this recipe since it was first published. I don't use the Minute Rice but instead use left over or freshly cooked jasmin rice. I use whatever meat I have on hand (have made with chicken, pork, steak and without any meat at all). We eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner (in face I fixed it this am). I've used snow pea pods or simply peas instead of the asparagus - again whatever I have on hand. I always use garlic and I find a bit of sesame oil added at the very end of cooking time adds a lot to the recipe."
"We loved it. I use whole grain brown rice instead of instant, so I cooked the rice in my rice cooker earlier in the day, which made putting this all together a snap. Bagged coleslaw made this filling and easy. My kids even had seconds and thirds of this dish. I also don't use reduced sodium soy, so I don't know if that would affect the taste."
"Great favor. I used left over medium-rare tri-tip, sliced thin and in 1 in pieces. I added 2 cloves of crushed garlic, a little grated ginger, and some crushed pepper flakes. Really yummy."
"This recipe was good. However, my family prefers the stir fry we usually do. We use whatever veggies we have on had, a cubed pork chop, garlic, and add a mix of soy and teriyaki sauce."
"Already made this several times and it always comes out great. I usually use jasmine rice and replace the asparagus with another veggie like mushrooms or peppers. Tastes great!"
"This is a very good and easy recipe. I buy stir fry since it is already cut up and seems to be a little more tender."
"My husband loves it when I make this meal. Simple all-in-one dish that tastes great!!"
"This is a great recipe - easy and very tasty!"