- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup water
- 1 to 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook beef and onion until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCold Day Chili
"I prepared this recipe when my children had a snow day off from school (we live near Buffalo, NY). I had all the ingredients on hand and wanted to try it because it didn't call for anything too spicy. I did change the spices up a bit though. Instead of chili powder I used Southwestern Seasoning Mix from The Pampered Chef. (I am a consultant.) I served this chili with rice, which my kids love. Overall is a good recipe, but not exactly top notch."