Colby Corn Chowder Recipe
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups milk
- 8 ounces Colby cheese, cubed
- 1. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven or large soup kettle; sprinkle with salt and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in corn and bacon; heat through. Drain potatoes. Add milk; heat through. Stir in corn mixture and cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 12-14 servings (about 3 quarts).
1 cup: 286 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 449mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Colby Corn Chowder
"I used cheddar cheese. taste good!"
"My whole family loves it, especially my 8-year old granddaughter. It's one of her favorites."
"I made this soup last night and my husband and I both loved it - can't wait to eat the leftovers."