Colby Corn Chowder
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
Makes12-14 servings (about 3 quarts)
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups milk
- 8 ounces Colby cheese, cubed
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven or large soup kettle; sprinkle with salt and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in corn and bacon; heat through. Drain potatoes. Add milk; heat through. Stir in corn mixture and cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 286 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 449mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Aug 10, 2016
I used cheddar cheese. taste good!
Dec 2, 2012
My mom made this for Christmas a few years ago and I asked for the recipe the same night! Very good and easy to make!! I will be making this again this winter for sure :)
Sep 14, 2009
My whole family loves it, especially my 8-year old granddaughter. It's one of her favorites.
Jan 8, 2009
I made this soup last night and my husband and I both loved it - can't wait to eat the leftovers.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.