Cola Hot Wings Recipe
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 can (12 ounces) cola
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Blue cheese salad dressing
- 1. Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. In a small bowl, combine the hot sauce, cola, soy sauce, cayenne and pepper.
- 2. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken wings, covered, over indirect medium heat for 10 minutes. Turn; grill 10-20 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with sauce. Serve with salad dressing. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 chicken wing (calculated without salad dressing): 57 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Cola Hot Wings
"We tried this recipe for the 4th of July and found it to be good with a kick from the hot sauce. It did not have quite the glaze that I was looking for but everyone enjoyed them."
"These were tender and flavorful but needed a bit more kick."
"This isn't anything special. The blue cheese dipping-sauce was the most flavorful part."
"Wings were ok. I have much better wing recipes. May try again with some adjustments."
"I never knew basting without marinading could be so flavorful! Spicy and sweet. Yum."
"This was a great recipe! I substituted the wings for chicken breast strips and grilled directly on the grill and it was great! My husband and his family all loved it too and they are definitely picky eaters!"