- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 can (12 ounces) cola
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Blue cheese salad dressing
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. In a small bowl, combine hot sauce, cola, soy sauce, cayenne and pepper.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill chicken wings, covered, over indirect medium heat 10 minutes. Grill 30-40 minutes longer, turning occasionally and basting frequently with sauce until wings are nicely glazed. Serve with salad dressing. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Cola Hot Wings
Sort By :
"We tried this recipe for the 4th of July and found it to be good with a kick from the hot sauce. It did not have quite the glaze that I was looking for but everyone enjoyed them."
"These were tender and flavorful but needed a bit more kick."
"This isn't anything special. The blue cheese dipping-sauce was the most flavorful part."
"Wings were ok. I have much better wing recipes. May try again with some adjustments."
"I never knew basting without marinading could be so flavorful! Spicy and sweet. Yum."