These thick, frosty floats add fun to any casual meal. TIP: Try substituting other soda-ice cream blends for the floats, such as root beer and caramel-swirl vanilla. —Shannon Roum, Rockford, IL
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 4 cups cherry cola, chilled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 scoops fudge ripple ice cream
- Whipped cream in a can, optional
- 4 maraschino cherries
- In a pitcher, combine cola and vanilla. Place two scoops of ice cream in each of four chilled glasses. Pour cola over ice cream; top with whipped cream if desired and cherries.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 254 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Soda Float in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.