Coffeehouse Caramel-Dark Chocolate-Latte Cookie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons hot caramel ice cream topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons dark roast instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (9 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, ice cream topping and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, coffee granules, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Freeze option: Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets; freeze until firm. Transfer to airtight container; return to freezer. To use, bake frozen cookies as directed, increasing time by 1-2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 123 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 76mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 19, 2018
The dough was so dry it wouldn't form to a cookie shape. I followed the recipe to a T too. The first pan came out as hard mounds so I increased the butter and that helped somewhat. I won't make them again.
May 9, 2017
This is a fantastic re-invention of a classic chocolate chip cookie. The caramel sauce and instant coffee give them such a rich flavor. The coffee is subtle enough so that it's not overpowering, but distinct enough that you know it's there. These are perfectly different. I'm definitely making these again!
Dec 17, 2016
My favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe
Aug 31, 2015
Perfect recipe. The cookies came out soft and chewy and the flavor was great!
Aug 29, 2015
These are so uniquely delicious.
Jul 22, 2014
Yummo! Very soft and delicious!