As a holiday novelty, it's hard to lick this lollipop for grown-ups! It doubles as a coffee stirrer, and it makes a special party favor or stocking stuffer.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 wooden lollipop or craft sticks
- Plastic wrap
- Red and green narrow ribbons
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, coffee, corn syrup, cocoa and cinnamon. Cook over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved, stirring constantly. Cook over medium heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 290° (soft-crack stage), about 7 minutes. Remove from the heat. Immediately stir in vanilla, then pour into a greased 2-cup heat-proof glass measuring cup. Working quickly, pour tablespoonfuls into circles on a greased baking sheet and lay a stick in each circle. Allow to cool until hardened. When cooled, wrap with plastic wrap and tie with ribbon. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Originally published as Coffee Stirrer Sticks in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p45
Reviews forCoffee Stirrer Sticks
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2014
"These were too complicated and were too sticky."