Coffee Ripple Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, sugars, coffee granules and cinnamon; set aside. For cake, in a small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in water; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the sour cream, applesauce, buttermilk, vanilla and coffee. Combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream mixture and mix well.
- 3. Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with walnut mixture. Top with remaining batter.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 475 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Coffee Ripple Coffee Cake
"Since daughter doesn't like the smell or taste of coffee, I tried to camouflage the coffee with 2 T. cocoa in the batter. I left off the coffee glaze."
"this is the best. my kids love them."