Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon strong brewed coffee
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine coffee and espresso powder; cool to room temperature. Stir in oil and egg. Add coffee mixture to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Fold in the walnuts, raisins and dates.
- Fill greased or paper-lined jumbo muffin cups three-fourths full. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the tops. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and coffee; drizzle over muffins.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 565 calories, 26g fat (2g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 560mg sodium, 78g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Sep 13, 2015
I had no walnuts so I increased the raisins and dates to a total of one cup. We enjoyed them warm from the oven (the rest are in the freezer for another day11)
Apr 7, 2012
Absolutely wonderful flavor! A must try for all of you.
Feb 20, 2011
These mufins were great! Easy to make and very moist. They were not too strong at all. My kids did not even recognize the coffee flavor. All they said was "really good" I will definately keep this recipe in the make again catagory.
Nov 12, 2010
I make these muffins for my husband. He has 2 every morning with his coffee. They're the BEST muffins!!!
Jun 16, 2010
These muffins have a very nice moist texture, but the taste was only good not great). And, if I'm going to go to the extra work of brewing strong coffee and adding a sprinkle topping PLUS glaze, the end result needs to be excellent to make the extra work worthwhile. Too much work for me for the end result. A couple of my children also thought that there was too much coffee taste (though I have a cappucino muffin recipe with just as much coffee that they like) or that it'd be better without raisins.