Coffee Mousse Recipe
The recipe for this very low-sugar dessert comes from my daughter. Its texture is light as a cloud and its taste is perfect for coffee lovers. -Vernette Dechaine of Pittsfield, Maine
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- Sugar substitute* equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 ice cubes
- 2 cups plus 4 tablespoons reduced-fat whipped topping
- Crushed coffee granules
- 1. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 2 minutes. In a small saucepan, dissolve coffee in boiling water; add gelatin mixture. Cook and stir coffee just until gelatin is dissolved (do not boil). Remove from the heat; stir in sugar substitute. Add ice cubes; stir until ice cubes are melted and mixture begins to thicken.
- 2. In a mixing bowl, beat coffee mixture and about 2/3 cup whipped topping until blended. Fold in 1-1/3 cups topping by hand. Transfer to four individual serving dishes. Top each with 1 tablespoon whipped topping. refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Dust with crushed coffee granules. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup: 101 calories, 5g fat (5g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Coffee Mousse
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC