Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 ice cubes
- 2 cups plus 4 tablespoons reduced-fat whipped topping, divided
- Additional coffee granules, crushed
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 2 minutes. In a small saucepan, dissolve coffee granules in boiling water. Add gelatin mixture; cook and stir just until gelatin is dissolved (do not boil).
- Remove from the heat; stir in sugar substitute. Add ice cubes; stir until ice is melted and mixture begins to thicken. Transfer to a large bowl; add 2/3 cup whipped topping. Beat until blended. Fold in 1-1/3 cups whipped topping.
- Spoon into four individual serving dishes; top each with 1 tablespoon whipped topping. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, dust with crushed coffee granules.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Splenda no-calorie sweetener.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 101 calories, 5g fat (5g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Jul 1, 2012
This dessert is great - Especially for diabetics. It's light and not too sweet. The consistency is very good. Next time I make it I think I'm going to sprinkle some dark chocolate shavings on top of each cup. It will really give it a nice finish.