Coffee-Molasses Marinated Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate at least 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining coffee mixture until ready to cook.
- For glaze, place remaining coffee mixture in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup.
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°). Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Spoon glaze over chops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 370 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 415mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 36g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 14, 2016
This was awful ! What a waste. Very bitter tasting. Husband and daughter thought it was awful too. I followed the recipe exactly. I agree with MIvey, chops were tasteless but sauce was way way too strong and bitter tasting. It, along with the recipe went in the garbage.
Feb 25, 2016
Awesome! I could eat these every week! I followed the recipe exactly, and the thickened sauce is the bomb! Love!
Jul 12, 2015
TASTELESS! Will not make again!
May 22, 2015
This was a great recipe and tasted even better as leftovers the next day.
Nov 2, 2014
Oh. My. Gosh. Cannot believe anyone said this was bland with all of those strong flavors! It was off the chart delicious! I will make this over and over and will try it on chicken tomorrow night! I liked it that much! ( Thinking maybe the coff was not brewed strongly enough for the ones who thought it bland.). Thank you for this awesome recipe!!!
Jul 1, 2013
Very bland. We took left over chops and added BBQ sauce.
Jun 29, 2013
No one in my family really cares for pork chops, so we tried it with chicken. Not the best. It was bland and generally lacked flavor. That may just be because of the chicken, but we probably won't make this again.
Jun 13, 2013
We love this recipe. I add more molasses than it calls for and it helps cut any bitter coffee aftertaste.
May 30, 2013
This pork is fantastic! I recommend marinating all day. Wonderful flavor!
Jul 8, 2012
I didn't have a grill available, so used the broiler. Fantastic! I couldn't believe how moist the chops were. Will definitely make this one again!!!