Coffee Mallow Pie
Field editor Dorothy Smith of El Dorado, Arkansas hints,"This terrific pie holds up well in the refrigerator overnight."
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
- Additional whipped cream and chocolate curls, optional
- In a heavy saucepan, bring water to a boil; stir in coffee until dissolved. Reduce heat; add marshmallows and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Set saucepan in ice and whisk mixture constantly until cooled. Fold in whipped cream; spoon into pastry shell. Sprinkle with nuts. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate curls if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 363 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Coffee Mallow Pie in Taste of Home February/March 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.