- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups whipping cream
- In a saucepan, stir sugar, cornstarch, coffee and butter until blended. Stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool completely. Stir in condensed milk. In a mixing bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into milk mixture. Pour into a 9-in. square pan. Cover and freeze for 6 hours or until firm. Yield: 1-1/2 quarts.
Reviews forCoffee Ice Cream
"You don't do the cream step? I am using my ice cream maker for the first time so I am new at this! Any help would be appreciated!"
"This is a great recipe. It is so creamy and you don't need to make it like traditional creamy ice cream. No need for eggs or lots of time spent on preparation. I just omit the last step and put it in my ice cream maker."
"thanks DH loves coffee"